GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Thursday, April 10, 2008

WHAT I WAS UP TO TODAY

It was a beautiful day in Hubbard today. I spent the afternoon (after work) outside. I raked up the dead grass in the backyard and checked things out. That's when I discovered my very first tulip of the season. And unfortunately they are predicting snow (light but snow) on Sunday afternoon. I sure hope everything manages to stay alive.








And it looks like the Hyacinths will be next on the bloom list. There's no scent yet but I can just imagine it. It's supposed to get up to 71 tomorrow. Can you imagine.... I love winter but I think I'm liking Spring a little bit more right now.

The daffodils are coming up strong, but no blooms yet. I imagine by tomorrow afternoon I may have something though. I also managed to re-build my potting table after taking it apart for the move.







It turned out to be a little more difficult than I thought it would be. Had to get the drill out and re-drill the leg supports. I managed to get a couple of them turned around and didn't have the energy or the desire to take the legs off just to turn them around. Maybe it would have been the easier way to go now that I look back.

Also managed to pot a few more plants. I planted some more Marigolds as we are planning to plant them all the way around Sally's garden this year. They claim it helps keep away the critters. I guess ours would be the squirrels though they are so darn cute. Sally has a black squirrel hanging in her neighborhood which are not common in this area. They have a whole lot of them in Kent, Ohio, but I can't imagine how he would have migrated up here. Hopefully one day I can get a picture of him. I told her to keep her camera handy so we could get a picture.

Speaking of which, I went inside for a break and was making myself a sandwich when I spotted this little guy in the backyard. I hope he wasn't looking to make a meal of my tulips. He left quickly when I went out to take his picture.












Well, that's what I did today and with much enjoyment.

I'm still mourning the loss of my precious Zoe and tear up when I think of how she would be so enjoying this time of year. And remembering how she used to love watching the squirrels and chase them when they got too close. Which brings to mind, yesterday I was just browsing around on Petfinders and gasped when I came across an exact look-alike of Zoe. It was a male and his ears didn't stand up like hers, but it did make me let out a gasp he was so much like her. Even the expression in his eyes. I'll try to copy the photo and put it in another blog just to let everyone see the resemblance. Boy I do miss her. It is so quiet and lonesome around here without her. I know I will eventually lose the sadness but somehow it seems like her loss has been so much harder on me than any of the others. Maybe because it is so fresh in my mind yet.

Anyway I'm going to say goodbye for now. I'm trying to limit myself to just so much time on the computer. Time sure gets away from you when you're sitting here either browsing websites or playing games. And I've gone over my limit for today. Love and Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home