IF THE TULIPS ARE UP - IS IT SPRING?
AND WHAT ABOUT ROBINS? I spied this little fellow from my bathroom window and had to take his picture. I guess he's not that little. I remember when we were kids, this was always the first sign of spring, when the robins finally showed up.
I do believe that all of my tulips have budded. The row isn't quite as straight as I believed it to be when I was planting them last year in early November. And I don't remember in what color order I placed them, so that will be exciting to see.
Also planted some Hyacinths and they are also peeking their noses up through the earth. Can't wait to see my bulbs in full bloom and to smell the scent of the Hyacinths.
I was concerned because I hadn't seen anything of my Hosta yet, but when I pushed aside the ground cover I did see a little spark of green pushing it's way up. So there is hope for them what with the severe trim they received last year. Everyone tells me there's no way you can kill them, but I've often been told that about other plants before.
Sally and I have both started mini indoor green houses. It looks pretty silly but here is a photo of mine. A lot of the seeds are coming up and some I imagine I will have to redo. You must remember I am a novice at this. I've started some Morning Glory, Coraopolis, Varigated Marigolds and I believe I may also have some Sweet Basil started. Cujo can't understand why he is not allowed in the guest room, but I have visions of dirt and home-made pots (the yellow are cat food containers, white are bottoms of milk cartons, and water bottles and you can barely see the container on the night stand, but it is a plastic lidded container made into a terrarium) strewn all over the place once he gets his nose into them. He sits patiently outside the door, once in a while reaching his paw under to remind me he is still waiting, but I can't let him in. Yesterday it was almost 70 degrees here and I was tempted to put them outside for a while, but gave up after imagining many trips with cookie trays full of little pots of seedlings I would have to make and gave up on the idea for now. Supposed to have rain today and although it is still early, the sky is overcast.
News about the AZ house. The title company emailed a whole lot of papers which I had to sign and email back and says the close is set for the 18th. Big sigh of relief to have that one off my back. I'm still a little skeptical having gone through this whole process last fall. That was a done deal also and look what happened.
Well, I'm going to say adieu and aloha for now. Have to get these papers to the post office, run a few errands and do my ironing (yuk) for the week. Will try to be more consistent in future with this blogging. If I did it more often, they probably wouldn't be so long. Had a hard couple of days of late with the nice weather and remembering my trips to the park with Zoe and how she would have loved it now. Boy I sure do miss her. She would have loved this time of the year in this part of the country.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home