GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Thursday, August 10, 2006

It's been a while, I know, but I have been very busy. I've been trying to get the house ready to sell and have been running into roadblocks all the way. Mainly with my A/C (handyman???) guy. This all started the first week in July and has not come full circle as of yet. This guy has more drama in his life than anyone I know, and always an excuse why he didn't make it when he is supposed to. I enlisted his services to complete a few minor (according to him) repairs (which I thought he would want to earn some extra money doing) and as of yet he has not even completed the results of his condenser coil replacement and managed to lose the money I fronted for materials for other repairs. What a disaster this has turned out to be. Needless to say I am attempting to do some of the work myself and it is exhausting. I have managed to replace 2 of the accoustical ceiling tiles in the AZ Room (4 more to go), put said room furniture back together, purchased wood to finish the T1 on the outside, patched and painted area in living room where Cujo pulled down the curtains, packed a couple of boxes and generally worn myself out. It doesn't seem like a lot and maybe if I wouldn't jump from one project to another, I would be able to complete at least one. Have done some cleaning along the way, i.e. washing windows, blinds, and curtains, cleaning guest bath, 1/2 bath and kitchen cabinets, but have a ways to go. I have managed to get some help from a couple of neighbors and hopefully things will work out.

Zoe seems to be feeling better and we are almost done with her first round of meds and will go back to the vet for another round of blood tests. I have failed to keep up with her daily walks and swear I am going to get back into this routine as I know how much she loves it. Even the short walks she seems to enjoy. The swelling and water retention seems to have subsided and only pops up once a while now, which gives me hope that the kidneys are okay and no liver damage has been done. Will have to wait for the results of blood tests now.

Have been very busy at work also and too tired to do anything when I get home. Maybe I need to start taking vitamins or something. Oh well. Gotta get to bed and get some rest for tomorrow's surprises. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home