
I'm sad to say that I may have been a contributor to JoAnn's current "red neck" lifestyle. I think she may have been six years old in this photo taken during one our camping excursions to the farm in Southern Ohio. I thought I had more photos, but they may be in the possession of one of her sisters. I believe, because of her attire, she was assisting in the preparation of breakfast. I also believe this was the trip that she adopted one of the ex's friends wives who we all believed was alcoholic, but I became very sympathetic after meeting her sons and the husband who gave her so much grief. I probably would have been alcoholic myself. I don't know how she would have survived otherwise living in a houseful of such men with no sensitivity. I heard one story of how the boys as teens had skinned her pet cat and hung the hide in her laundry room to dry. Horrible.
Enough of that. Once again though I find myself not being on a regular schedule. I ended up working late on Tuesday and going in early on Wednesday. What a week. And on top of all that we are still running on a very slim payroll. Anyway I have survived and have just one more day to go.
A bit of sad news though. My favorite restaurant, "Toucchetti's" is closing. I got the news via voice mail from my friend Teri, whom I used to frequent the place with every Thursday for 6 years or so. I am so sad. She and I have decided to go for one last serving of Chicken Mostoccholli (sp?) on Saturday afternoon. I will see if I can buy a couple servings and freeze them for later also. This is truly the end of an era for me, but fitting because now it will be one less thing for me to be sad about after I make the move. Teri says that they will be building high rise condominiums on the site now and the restaurant has decided not to reopen at a different location. I will take my camera to record it for my memory book. And on a brighter side I will be able to see baby, Jenna again and deliver her birthday present in person.
Only a few more days until I travel to OH/PA for the wedding. I'm getting excited and will have to start thinking about packing or at least deciding what to take back. It will be difficult because they are still having some cooler weather and we have reached 100 degrees as of today. I'm holding off turning on my cooler because I figure the longer I can hold out the less I will have to pay to the electric company. My age is starting to show isn't it?
It was nice talking to Thom this weekend. He is getting also getting anxious for his trip up north as I'm sure is David. He is going a little later than usual this year, I forget why but am sure he told me. Duncan is having a some lower back problems and can't take as many or as long walks as he would like but I hope he will be feeling better and be more like himself before the trip.
Well, I'm going to close for now but will be back hopefully before my trip to let you know how my lunch with Teri went and maybe have a couple of pics to share. Til then, F


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home