GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's Wednesday, my day off, and absolutely nothing has been accomplished today. But I don't care. I hate coming off 6 days because it leaves me exhausted. This is the day I really feel my age. I didn't get out of bed until 8:30 and it felt good although I was pretty groggy. Zoe was disappointed because we didn't go for a walk either. Maybe I'll do that this evening when the sidewalks cool down a bit. By the way it has been pretty warm here the last few days and getting warmer. Hasn't hit the triple digits yet but I know it's coming soon.

I made my plane reservations to return to PA for Pat's granddaughters wedding. I don't usually do this as there are so many grandchildren, nieces and nephews and such and I don't want to set a precedence. I don't want anyone to feel bad if I don't make it to their wedding, but my sister Sally has insisted. And I feel that I am doing it more to see the sisters than anything else.

We had the big "Immigration Walk" the other day, (they reported close to 100,000 attendees) as I'm sure a lot of other cities did also. I'm not against immigration, I'm against it being done illegally and from what I've heard from some that did it legally, they do to. They've gone through all the bureaucracy of becoming citizens, which I feel could be simplified, and resent the idea that all these people who are here illigally could just obtain citizenship without jumping through any of the hoops they had to use. And, I don't want to get on my soap box, much, but I do resent that we have to have people at the work place that can translate, we print our ballots, and our drivers license applications in two languages and some of these aliens expect it and don't want to learn the language. I'm sure if I went to another country they would not accommodate to this extent. Enough of this political %^^&.

I'm glad to see EE has been posting again. I was starting to worry and I so enjoy reading her work. I truly believe she could be a writer professionally, but then this probably all comes about with her being so creative to begin with. I'm a little envious. I tried to sketch and paint at one time in my life but was never any good. And I truly appreciate those that have such talent.


I'm going to close now with this shot taken in southern OH possibly on a canoeing trip. I was intrigued by this little water fall coming directly out of the rocks.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home