GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Zoe's Walk

It's surely spring in my neighborhood. I took the camera with us this morning and shot some photos.

Everything is in bloom and it smells so good. Zoe even took some time to smell the roses down at the neighbor's house. And her iris are beautiful. She came out and said it all started with 1 iris and has grown to about 30 or 40 now. These are the first and I can't wait to see the others in full bloom.


















You can tell she spends a lot of time with her roses. She lost a couple last year and the new ones are every bit as gorgeous. She also has two peach trees in her front yard that are flowering now, but not enough for a good picture. She sure gets a load of peaches out of those small trees.
I like this house on the corner of the block behind mine. I was a little amazed when they first painted it, but have become accustomed to it now and praise their strenghth in choosing this brilliant color. I never would have myself being a more traditionalist, but have come to love it.

Hope everyone has a colorful spring day and as I can see by the weather report it will be in the 50's back east. Pat will be getting her gardens ready to plant soon. She has the largest peonies I have ever seen and hopefully will get photos of them when they are in bloom. I may have some from a couple of years ago to show you how large they are.

And a side note. JoAnn has started a blog out of PA and I will put a link to hers from mine. I talked to her by instant message this morning and will go to check it out in a second. Bye for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home