"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - - Mark Twain
Another beautiful day in Arizona and I can see by the weather forecast on my homepage that things are looking up back east. It’s still cold, but not as cold. I swear I’m going to go out back and get some stuff done today. I am a habitual procrastinator, and am determined to break out of this mold, at least for today. Which reminds me of ………
'Tomorrow I Will Change'
Tomorrow I will change
turn a new leaf
become this new person
I will exercise before breakfast
not eat cookies between meals
not fret over trivialities
not run about
getting upset
that I’m not getting
everything done
Tomorrow I will change
I say this every day
Excerpt from ‘Too Wise to Want to Be Young Again’ by N. Josefowitz, Ph.D.
Got up at 6 and took Zoe for her walk. It’s so good to see her cavorting at the door anxious to get started and my guilt has been lifted. I’m glad she still loves me, but I really do feel bad about allowing it go so long.
Called my sisters this morning, like I do every Saturday morning, Sally was at work. I know she doesn’t like to work every weekend and this is the 4th in a row for her. I know she likes to attend church on weekends and this schedule kind of screws it up for her. I hope she speaks up. Pat said Sally was over to her house in PA Thursday and had fallen down her back steps and her back was hurting. I guess they had an ice storm and she wasn’t paying attention. Most unusual for her. (not paying attention.) I thought I might miss Pat because she may be doing the Angel Food at church. But I forgot February was a short month so it was last week. She helps with a project at church (Angel Food) where people can buy food (a lot of food) for $25, which I imagine, is a blessing for those less fortunate and/or on a limited income. They have one different menu every month that includes enough meat and staples for an average family for a month. She read me the menu once and I couldn’t believe the amount they get for the money, and they take food stamps. The church makes $1 on each order so it’s good for the church also. I think it is a great project.
I miss being close to them (the sisters), geographically. I’m really beginning to think seriously now about the big move. I should be able to sell the house and have enough to buy a decent one there, but if I do, my sight will be towards low maintenance. I love the southwest, but I love my family more. Even at my age I believe I am adaptable.
D tells me that Thom is down with a nasty cold and I feel for him. I hope he recovers soon and feels good enough to post another blog. Feel better Thom. Love and cookies to the Double D’s. Wishing everyone as gorgeous a day as mine is starting out to be. Musn't forget to call Red about dinner and movies tonight.
Another beautiful day in Arizona and I can see by the weather forecast on my homepage that things are looking up back east. It’s still cold, but not as cold. I swear I’m going to go out back and get some stuff done today. I am a habitual procrastinator, and am determined to break out of this mold, at least for today. Which reminds me of ………
'Tomorrow I Will Change'
Tomorrow I will change
turn a new leaf
become this new person
I will exercise before breakfast
not eat cookies between meals
not fret over trivialities
not run about
getting upset
that I’m not getting
everything done
Tomorrow I will change
I say this every day
Excerpt from ‘Too Wise to Want to Be Young Again’ by N. Josefowitz, Ph.D.
Got up at 6 and took Zoe for her walk. It’s so good to see her cavorting at the door anxious to get started and my guilt has been lifted. I’m glad she still loves me, but I really do feel bad about allowing it go so long.
Called my sisters this morning, like I do every Saturday morning, Sally was at work. I know she doesn’t like to work every weekend and this is the 4th in a row for her. I know she likes to attend church on weekends and this schedule kind of screws it up for her. I hope she speaks up. Pat said Sally was over to her house in PA Thursday and had fallen down her back steps and her back was hurting. I guess they had an ice storm and she wasn’t paying attention. Most unusual for her. (not paying attention.) I thought I might miss Pat because she may be doing the Angel Food at church. But I forgot February was a short month so it was last week. She helps with a project at church (Angel Food) where people can buy food (a lot of food) for $25, which I imagine, is a blessing for those less fortunate and/or on a limited income. They have one different menu every month that includes enough meat and staples for an average family for a month. She read me the menu once and I couldn’t believe the amount they get for the money, and they take food stamps. The church makes $1 on each order so it’s good for the church also. I think it is a great project.
I miss being close to them (the sisters), geographically. I’m really beginning to think seriously now about the big move. I should be able to sell the house and have enough to buy a decent one there, but if I do, my sight will be towards low maintenance. I love the southwest, but I love my family more. Even at my age I believe I am adaptable.
D tells me that Thom is down with a nasty cold and I feel for him. I hope he recovers soon and feels good enough to post another blog. Feel better Thom. Love and cookies to the Double D’s. Wishing everyone as gorgeous a day as mine is starting out to be. Musn't forget to call Red about dinner and movies tonight.


1 Comments:
At 9:30 AM,
Bits Of Me said…
David and I think you need to go color-shopping for a new blog lay out. The type is a bit difficult to read and I think darker backgrounds are easier on the eye as the material seems to pop out at you. It is also a good background for most photyos.
Post a Comment
<< Home