GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Friday, March 24, 2006

I've learned to control myself a little bit when blogging and don't spend so much time on line, but still too much. I think spring has finally arrived in the Valley of the Sun and the mid 80 degree temperatures are welcome indeed. The little bit of rain we've had the past couple of weeks is starting to green up the landscape and it is looking gorgeous. I know I'll wish we still had cooler weather once the temperatures rise above 110, but I welcome the warmer weather it for now. I don't know if we'll have too many flowers in the desert because of the lack of rain but if we do will certainly go out to see it.

This is Four Peaks situated north of the Superstition Mountains and east of the Valley. Hard to believe they were covered with snow a couple of weeks ago. When you take the Tonto Trail out past Canyon Lake, Apache Lake, and Roosevelt Lake you end up behind these mountains in Punkin Center and wind up at the Beeline Highway. It's about a day's drive if you stop to photograph and have lunch at Tortilla Flats. Thom we,ve been across this road a couple of times. I think the last was after the original Flats burned down and they rebuilt it. I believe Shirley was with us at the time. What fun times we used to have. Do you remember when we had to abruptly end our stop for lunch the day we were taking mother up the Peaks for a drive?

I worked all weekend and it was very busy. It almost felt like a holiday weekend. I was certainly glad to get out of there. I don't like these 6 day stretches. My last day off was Wednesday and that I spent at the nieces house doing books for her husband to prepare for tax preparation. It really wasn't a day off at all so I guess you would say I'm really on a 10 day stretch. I've got to find a real job.

Talked to the sisters this weekend, as usual, and it was snowing in Ohio. I don't like the sounds of that at all. Pat said last year they had a bad snow storm in April. Well I feel for them as I know they are ready for it to be over. Pat was totally worn out, as was I. She had her Angel Food project at the church and then a memorial dinner that she didn't get out of until almost 5 pm. She just recently completed training to work with the area hospice and that has occupied a lot of her time. I hope she will be able to do it, but then she's a lot stronger than she seems to be.

Paige (Pat's granddaughter) is preparing for her wedding, with a lot of help from Pat and everything sounds like it's right on schedule. I think they are getting married in May, but not sure. It's hard to believe she is getting married. Her fiance seems like a nice boy and they get along really well. I don't know if I'll make the trip back for the wedding or wait until Pat's birthday in August to go for a visit. I've decided I will make arrangements for an interview whenever I do decide to make the trip. I just keep thinking about all the work that needs to be done in preparation of putting the house on the market. Oh well, I keep telling myself not to procrastinate on this one. I think I will make the move in the fall. That way I give myself enough time to take care of all the little projects that need to be completed.

Well, I'm going to close for now, as I'm pretty tired myself and have to go at it again at 6 am tomorrow again. Hope everyone is keeping warm and happy. Love to all, F

2 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Ja in Pa said…

    This is my Aunt Frani, she has a nice blog but would be even nicer if she had some more pictures. Maybe I should start a blog.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Purple Lover said…

    Big move, Frani, leaving the West to move back to the Snow...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home