"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
Emma, if you are reading, I know you will appreciate this quote as much as I did. I for one truly enjoy being my age, it gives me the freedom of not caring about mundane things anymore. Much I learned from a book my sister Jean bought me entitled 'Too Wise to Want to Be Young Again'. "I'm not okay, you're not okay, and that's okay."
Well here I am again… Can’t seem to stay away. Hopefully someone is reading this and it’s not all for naught. Well I do get a lot of pleasure out of it for sure. It’s nice to get my thoughts and feelings down on paper and to read them in print. There's that ego again. although sometimes going back they appear kind of silly.
I eagerly check my blogs every day to see if there are any new entries. Do I have too much time on my hands or do I need to “get a life”. Lately this has been my life.
I took Zoe out for a walk today after a long dry spell that started with my injured back, then it was her knee out of place and then it was just plain laziness. I forget how much she likes to check out the neighborhood and felt guilty in her genuine pleasure. Things in the hood have changed since our last walk. There aren’t as many feral cats for her to startle but she keeps a keen eye out for them. I remember the time she caught me unawares and dragged me to the ground. Boy was I pissed. Needless to say I now pay more attention.
One of her favorite past times is watching for the mailman or just watching the neighborhood children play. She will sit at the front window for hours waiting for something to happen.
Still watching
And as you can see in this next photo, she truly does think she owns the house and everything in it. I guess she must have tired of looking out the window and decided to take a little siesta. I'm going to post a picture of her brother Petey. You can hardly tell they are siblings. He weighs almost 100 lbs and sturdy as a rock. But he is very lovable and sweet as pie.
Does he remind you of 'Our Gang's Petey'? He did to his people, thus the name. Like I said he is so sweet, but I imagine if you didn't know him he would tend to intimidate.
Well, I'm starting to ramble, but think (egotistically I might add) I have a lot to say. I worked in the backyard for a little bit today. Raking up leaves, cleaning up Zoe's business, and picking oranges for my friend Brenda. It is a gorgeous day and I should get out more, not to mention there is a lot to do. The pool needs to be cleaned for the summer, and the grass needs to be greened up. I did prune the bouganvillia, but the mess still lays there waiting for me to pick it up. I always manage to get pricked when I attempt this task although I think I prepare pretty good by wearing leather gloves and sweatshirt. Now I need to trim the oleander. It has grown up above the roof and I can see it will require the use of a ladder. I'd like to get it down below the bathroom window as Cujo loves to sit in the window, when it's open, and look out. I don't imagine he can see much right now although I think there may be a couple of birds nesting out there. Ah, the agony of being a homeowner. Sometimes, just sometimes, the thought crosses my mind that it isn't so bad to pay homeowner fees and maybe have a little condo. I do thrive on my privacy though and enjoy coming home to my own little retreat away from the ordinary.
One thing my ex was right about was in stating that if there is such a thing as reincarnation he wants to come back as a cute house pet. What a life eh? Well, I'm going to call it time and quit for today. I haven't heard from my movie bud yet, but then I've been spending an awful lot of time on line. I guess I'll give him a call this evening. Hope everyone has a terrific day. Thom, get better and take care of yourself.
Emma, if you are reading, I know you will appreciate this quote as much as I did. I for one truly enjoy being my age, it gives me the freedom of not caring about mundane things anymore. Much I learned from a book my sister Jean bought me entitled 'Too Wise to Want to Be Young Again'. "I'm not okay, you're not okay, and that's okay."
Well here I am again… Can’t seem to stay away. Hopefully someone is reading this and it’s not all for naught. Well I do get a lot of pleasure out of it for sure. It’s nice to get my thoughts and feelings down on paper and to read them in print. There's that ego again. although sometimes going back they appear kind of silly.
I eagerly check my blogs every day to see if there are any new entries. Do I have too much time on my hands or do I need to “get a life”. Lately this has been my life.
I took Zoe out for a walk today after a long dry spell that started with my injured back, then it was her knee out of place and then it was just plain laziness. I forget how much she likes to check out the neighborhood and felt guilty in her genuine pleasure. Things in the hood have changed since our last walk. There aren’t as many feral cats for her to startle but she keeps a keen eye out for them. I remember the time she caught me unawares and dragged me to the ground. Boy was I pissed. Needless to say I now pay more attention.
One of her favorite past times is watching for the mailman or just watching the neighborhood children play. She will sit at the front window for hours waiting for something to happen.
Still watching
And as you can see in this next photo, she truly does think she owns the house and everything in it. I guess she must have tired of looking out the window and decided to take a little siesta. I'm going to post a picture of her brother Petey. You can hardly tell they are siblings. He weighs almost 100 lbs and sturdy as a rock. But he is very lovable and sweet as pie.
Does he remind you of 'Our Gang's Petey'? He did to his people, thus the name. Like I said he is so sweet, but I imagine if you didn't know him he would tend to intimidate.Well, I'm starting to ramble, but think (egotistically I might add) I have a lot to say. I worked in the backyard for a little bit today. Raking up leaves, cleaning up Zoe's business, and picking oranges for my friend Brenda. It is a gorgeous day and I should get out more, not to mention there is a lot to do. The pool needs to be cleaned for the summer, and the grass needs to be greened up. I did prune the bouganvillia, but the mess still lays there waiting for me to pick it up. I always manage to get pricked when I attempt this task although I think I prepare pretty good by wearing leather gloves and sweatshirt. Now I need to trim the oleander. It has grown up above the roof and I can see it will require the use of a ladder. I'd like to get it down below the bathroom window as Cujo loves to sit in the window, when it's open, and look out. I don't imagine he can see much right now although I think there may be a couple of birds nesting out there. Ah, the agony of being a homeowner. Sometimes, just sometimes, the thought crosses my mind that it isn't so bad to pay homeowner fees and maybe have a little condo. I do thrive on my privacy though and enjoy coming home to my own little retreat away from the ordinary.
One thing my ex was right about was in stating that if there is such a thing as reincarnation he wants to come back as a cute house pet. What a life eh? Well, I'm going to call it time and quit for today. I haven't heard from my movie bud yet, but then I've been spending an awful lot of time on line. I guess I'll give him a call this evening. Hope everyone has a terrific day. Thom, get better and take care of yourself.


1 Comments:
At 6:17 PM,
Cheri Walton said…
Hi Fran, I finally found your blog and it's now on my list. Love the dog pictures, of course, and the landscape photos. I've been to Arizona once, am more familiar with New Mexico.
Keep going. I love it when there is something new on the various blogs I read. What fun to add a new one!
Post a Comment
<< Home