“My last New Year’s resolution was, “I don’t plan to improve this year." Not being perfect in every way is good enough.’’ - - N. Josefowitz, Ph.D.
The sun is shining, it’s another beautiful day, and here I sit. I took D’s advice about Adobe Photoshop and it has been downloading since yesterday noon. I called Adobe support to see if the length of time for this download was normal and they said, “yes, with dial up connection”. Another reason and more pressure to think about high speed DSL. I didn’t get the professional version either. I wonder how long that would have taken??? Next time I’ll think about spending the additional $5 and have the disc mailed to me. This length of time spent on downloading concerns me, especially with my internet connection open for so long.
I also took D & Ts advice and began looking for a different template for my blog and to be honest I didn’t like any of them in one way or another. I even tried to take parts of the ones I like best and insert them into my template, with disastrous results. My profile is now at the bottom of the blog. One day, I'll work on fixing this. No time to begin a new project today. I will though change my type style and color and maybe add dark borders around photos and see how that works.
The backyard is beckoning for me to come out and take care of it; a pile of laundry sits by the door ready to be done; and here I sit. I was up again at 6 am, checked the progress of the Adobe download (28 hrs?), ignored Zoe’s big sad eyes indicating it was time for her walk, and here I sit. It’s quickly approaching noon, I’m on my 6th or 7th cup of coffee, Cujo is running through the house acting crazy as usual, and here I sit.
Tomorrow is Sis’ birthday but she wants to wait and celebrate on Tuesday night. And “EE” (new acronym for Eastport Emma) you will appreciate this, the reason she wants to wait is because Tuesday starts a new week for Weight Watchers, and she will have all week to correct the errors she plans to make Tuesday evening at the Olive Garden. I believe this type of thinking is genetic in my family, at least in the women.
More insights & Observations from ‘Too Wise to Want to Be Young Again’:
“The secret of longevity is when you have learned what to do and how to do it well, then look for new things to learn knowing that at first you may not do them well.”
Talked to Sally last night and she seems to be doing all right after her fall on the ice. I reminded her that at our age we couldn’t afford to take spills like this. She thinks she may just have bruised herself badly. I hope it is only a bruise and she recovers fully. She said she did manage to work all day and it wasn’t unbearable. “The Aunts” got Sis a slate painting of her house for her birthday and Sally is mailing it to me. Should be here, hopefully, by Tuesday in time for the celebration.
Oh, I think my buddy Red must be annoyed with me, because I haven't been available for the last couple of days, what with my right brain being buried deep in the heart of blog and download world. I did return his calls and even, heaven forbid, gave him my cell phone number so if he still wanted to reach me, he could. No response, no dinner and a movie. Oh well, tomorrow is another day..... Wishing all in my blog community a glorious day. Household maintenance is knocking on the left side of my brain. So glad you're feeling a bit better T.
The sun is shining, it’s another beautiful day, and here I sit. I took D’s advice about Adobe Photoshop and it has been downloading since yesterday noon. I called Adobe support to see if the length of time for this download was normal and they said, “yes, with dial up connection”. Another reason and more pressure to think about high speed DSL. I didn’t get the professional version either. I wonder how long that would have taken??? Next time I’ll think about spending the additional $5 and have the disc mailed to me. This length of time spent on downloading concerns me, especially with my internet connection open for so long.
I also took D & Ts advice and began looking for a different template for my blog and to be honest I didn’t like any of them in one way or another. I even tried to take parts of the ones I like best and insert them into my template, with disastrous results. My profile is now at the bottom of the blog. One day, I'll work on fixing this. No time to begin a new project today. I will though change my type style and color and maybe add dark borders around photos and see how that works.
The backyard is beckoning for me to come out and take care of it; a pile of laundry sits by the door ready to be done; and here I sit. I was up again at 6 am, checked the progress of the Adobe download (28 hrs?), ignored Zoe’s big sad eyes indicating it was time for her walk, and here I sit. It’s quickly approaching noon, I’m on my 6th or 7th cup of coffee, Cujo is running through the house acting crazy as usual, and here I sit.
Tomorrow is Sis’ birthday but she wants to wait and celebrate on Tuesday night. And “EE” (new acronym for Eastport Emma) you will appreciate this, the reason she wants to wait is because Tuesday starts a new week for Weight Watchers, and she will have all week to correct the errors she plans to make Tuesday evening at the Olive Garden. I believe this type of thinking is genetic in my family, at least in the women.
More insights & Observations from ‘Too Wise to Want to Be Young Again’:
“The secret of longevity is when you have learned what to do and how to do it well, then look for new things to learn knowing that at first you may not do them well.”
Talked to Sally last night and she seems to be doing all right after her fall on the ice. I reminded her that at our age we couldn’t afford to take spills like this. She thinks she may just have bruised herself badly. I hope it is only a bruise and she recovers fully. She said she did manage to work all day and it wasn’t unbearable. “The Aunts” got Sis a slate painting of her house for her birthday and Sally is mailing it to me. Should be here, hopefully, by Tuesday in time for the celebration.
Oh, I think my buddy Red must be annoyed with me, because I haven't been available for the last couple of days, what with my right brain being buried deep in the heart of blog and download world. I did return his calls and even, heaven forbid, gave him my cell phone number so if he still wanted to reach me, he could. No response, no dinner and a movie. Oh well, tomorrow is another day..... Wishing all in my blog community a glorious day. Household maintenance is knocking on the left side of my brain. So glad you're feeling a bit better T.


1 Comments:
At 3:22 PM,
Cheri Walton said…
Your sister is a woman after my own heart!!
Post a Comment
<< Home