GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Monday, March 13, 2006

Well I did it, I caught a cold and now I have a sinus infection. Started taking antibiotics yesterday and called out of work today to see if I could fix it. Dr. gave me some amoxicillin (sp?) and I do believe it may be working. He said I have a sinus infection and bronchitis and if I don't take care of it could end up in the hospital with pneumonia. Yuk, I guess that's incentive enough. Anyway I've really been trying to stay on the meds as instructed.

I went to dinner with the group I mentioned in my last blog and we laughed so hard my glands hurt, which I think are swollen anyway. When they finally threw us out of the restaurant, (it had been closed for a half hour) we went to the casino where I managed to win this time. Well if you can call making $19.75 a win. I haven't been to the casino in a while and they now have poker and blackjack tables. They also serve alcohol, which they never used to be able to do. They can't give it away like they do in Vegas, but you can go to the bar and order it. I don't know if you can order it from the people who come around to the machines as I never saw one all night. It certainly isn't Vegas, but we all managed to win something, some more than others, and had a good time.

I'm back. I don't even remember when I began this blog, but thought I might try to finish it. Went to a surprise B'day party at the 'Elephant Bar' for my boss tonight. She's one of the people at work that I like. I was surprised because non of her peers (except for one) showed up which I thought was really bitchy. I was the only supervisor on my level invited and at first didn't know if I would go or not because I didn't want to put her in an uncomfortable position with the other execs. No need to worry. I told her husband (TJ) that he should have just invited the other supervisors and forgotten about the execs. Anyway we had a good time. I had about 3 screw drivers (for medicinal purposes only).

Oh and a footnote. I think Cujo likes it when I'm sick because he is so sweet to me. He curls up and comforts me with his purring and doesn't attack me at all. Zoe just gets impatient and wonders why I'm not taking her for her walk. I will when I feel better. I swear. Probably tomorrow. No for sure tomorrow, cause I am feeling better than I did yesterday. That orange juice really seems to work.

Well I'm going to close for now and maybe publish this blog. I'll have to read it over first to see how stupid it sounds.

Well it does sound pretty stupid, but I'm going to do it anyway. Hopefully everyone else is in good health now and feeling a lot better than I do. This too shall pass.



1 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Bits Of Me said…

    No, I did not "send" you my cold and infection. Hope you feel better soon. I am good - praise the Lord!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home