I loaded a few more photos and am going to share them with you. I hope I'm not boring anyone.
I took a trip to Alaska once in the mid 70's and it was a great trip. The scenery was terrific and the adventure was one in a lifetime. We drove the Alcan Highway which was unpaved then and treacherous at times. We used a travel guide called "The Milepost" as there were no publications or road signs telling you what secrets were hiding down the next dirt road. My only regret was not taking my mother, as I found out later that this was a trip she had wanted to do her whole life. We did though take my husband's mother (how that must have made my mother feel) and when we got to Alaska drove right to Fairbanks and put her on a plane and sent her home. That ought to give you an idea of what kind of a traveling companion she turned out to be. She drove the girls crazy. Lisa had been stung by a bee a couple of days before we left and was on sedatives the entire trip. She probably doesn't even remember much of it, but her grandmother insisted that she wake up and look at the scenery. This is a shot of a mountain lake high in the Mountains of British Columbia which I always tell myself I will return to one day.
This was taken at Mallory Square in Key West where the every day thing to do was go to the square to watch the sunsets. You can understand why. Thom and I argue about which of us took this picture but I assume because I have the negative that it was me. Either way it is a good one and captured quite by accident one evening at the square. There was local entertainment. The banana bread man, the juggler, musicians, vendors selling their wares and a genuine party atmosphere. There was applause as the last of the sun sizzled into the sea and everyone parted ways and went on about their business only to return the next evening. How I loved that trip and Key West. I had so much key lime pie that my face was one big zit by the time we returned to Ft Lauderdale. I believe this was the time Thom and I became addicted to lime sticks.
Another shot of one of Arizona's landmarks the Rainbow Bridge. Actually I think it is in Utah.. Barry Goldwater introduced us all to it when he used to photograph Arizona for the 'Arizona Highways' magazine. Thom and I based a lot of our Discover Arizona trips from things we read about in this publication. We visited this site on our houseboat trip, which I will tell you all about one of these days.
Well, I am certain glad that Thom introduced me to blog, but have become totally addicted. I go on line every day to see if one of my friends has published anything new and am disappointed when I find nothing. I so look forward to their publishings.
I have the day off today and so far have done nothing. I will sign off now, do some laundry, and mail a couple of things off to the sisters. Which brings another story to mind that I will save for later. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.


1 Comments:
At 7:56 PM,
Bits Of Me said…
I have been reading your blogs. Have you been checking mine?
David and Jo and I all like your entries - we do enjoy them.
Post a Comment
<< Home