GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Friday, February 24, 2006

CUJO

I've introduced you to Zoe and told you how sweet she is. Well here's Cujo and he is the exact opposite. Oh he does have his moments when he can be sweet and lovable, but I have never had a cat like him. He found me one morning very early when I was going to work. Something made me take him home before I went in and now I wonder exactly what it could have been. He certainly was sweet when he was talking me into taking care of him.



When I got home from work that day I discovered that he had been injured and rushed him to the vet's to take care of his injuries. When asked what his name was 'Boots' immediately came to mind because of his four white paws. They had to shave his back and treat about six puncture wounds they said were probably made by a large dog picking him up and shaking him. I truly believe he was left with some neurological damage which I tend to call 'Shaken Cat Syndrome'. He will be acting perfectly normal and then all of a sudden out of nowhere will begin racing through the house striking at anything and anybody in his way. I don't know how many times he has drawn blood. Needless to say this was when the change of name came about. If anyone has read the King novel, they will know where my head was at.

An example of his craziness and almost another change of name comes about when I am sitting at the computer doing what I'm doing and he jumps on the back of the chair. He slams me on both sides of the head with his paws like a boxer, which left my ears ringing and then runs like hell. Well lately I've been thinking seriously about changing his name to 'You Little F...' as this is what I scream as I chase him through the house with a spray bottle of water. Zoe gets nervous when I do this and my sister says I need to get rid of him, but how can I do that. We've bonded in some strange way and when he's good, he's very, very good.

The vet's office refuses to board him and don't seem very pleased when I have to bring him in for shots or anything. I imagine the associates arguing in the back room somewhere about who is going to see him. He's way too aggressive. And they absolutely won't board him anymore. I think Cujo is the way they introduce new employees to the perils of working in a vetenarian's office. Now I don't go around with as many injuries as I once did, including the time he bit me on the nose and drew blood. How embarrassing. Especially when others tell me how sweet and adorable their feline companions are. He does have his moments. I used to think about opening the door and just letting him leave, but can't bring myself to do it. I feel responsible for him now and like I said he does have his moments.

Well now you've met my Cujo and probably think I'm as crazy as he is. But I love him and like I said he's not as bad as he used to be. He has indeed proven to be a challenge for me. G'nite everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home