GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Tuchetti's

I had lunch with my good friend Teri (Teri-Beri to me) today. We used to eat there every single Thursday when I worked in the Camelback Corridor, and especially after we discovered the Chicken Mostochelli. We always eat the same thing, the same way. We became friends with Annie the bartender during those times and occasionally we would have the Suicide Cake for desert (someone's birthday, anniversary or with Annie all we had to do was make up a special occasion). It was great. Triple layer chocolate cake with chocolate fudge icing, hot fudge topping and home made whipped cream. To die for. We were considered regulars and got presents from the management for Christmas.

But back to the Chicken Mostochelli. We would split an order (they were huge) an extra salad, Teri's with everything but beans, mine with croutons only and both with creamy garlic dressing, and two ice teas with orange slices. It is delicious. My mouth waters as I tell you about this even though we just had it today for lunch. It has large chunks of chicken and huge chunks of motzarella cheese melted through it. Teri always gets extra sauce with which to dunk the garlic bread. Oh, we love the bread also and eat way too much. Teri has to squeeze all of them first because she likes them soft. I don't mind because I'll eat it any which way. Annie used to be sure we got the fresh bread and our basket was never empty. Now we have to take our chances with whatever waiter/waitress we happen to get. Today we had a fool. He brought me a bowl of croutons with garlic dressing on them because I said I wanted the salad but with only croutons. Can you imagine. We had a good laugh about that one.

Sometimes I forget how good it is because we go so long in between these days. Then I'll get an email from Teri telling me she had lunch there and I insist we go again. My mouth waters just thinking about going and I get anxious as if I'm waiting for Christmas or something. I'm not going to let it go that long next time.

I've known Teri for about 13 years now and we've always managed to remain friends. I love her dearly. We met when she came to work for DFA where I was working at the time. She is so much fun and always pleasant. She had a beautiful baby girl (Jenna) almost a year ago. She had her 3 months early and she only weighed 2 lbs. She was so so tiny. Her head was only as big as an apple, but she was in perfect health. Teri is such a good mother; I can tell by the way she glows when she talks about her. Jenna will be a year old pretty soon and has grown to be a whopping 15 lbs. She is still about 3 months behind in development but I imagine with the great nurturing she gets from her mom, will catch up in no time at all.

Now you know all about my favorite restaurant. If you're in the Phoenix area you must try it sometime. If you do, I hope you like it as well as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home