GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Sunday, October 19, 2008

FALL IN OHIO

Beautiful...Crisp...Colorful.... Here are a few photos I've snapped on my trips to Harding Park with Bailey. She is getting much better walking on a lead, but still struggling to keep her in tow. Especially now that I've injured my foot. I get exasperated and we usually end up cutting our walks short. Poor Bailey, she didn't get to go to the park when my foot was really bad and now only for brief outings. She gets so excited when I pick up my keys, she hops around like a rabbit knowing exactly what we are about to do. An OUTING. She loves it. The olfactomitor is pumping the minute we pull out of the garage. Her nose is up and out the window smelling all the wonderful smells of the changing season. Here are some of the last blooms of summer taken the day before I injured myself. A week ago Friday. I could not believe the change in colors in such a few short days. It's almost hard to breathe it is so glorious. Photos can not do it justice. Another sign of the changing season. Acorns. I must have picked up hundreds of these in the last few weeks. Am going to mail them off to Griffin in Arizona and I thought his mother might like to used them as filler in her fall flower arrangements. I just hate robbing the squirrels of their winter stash but couldn't help myself. Almost like picking up glass and stones at the beach eh? And some more shots of the park. Like I said the photos hardly do it justice. Below to the left is the hidden entrance into the trails on the west side of the park.





You can barely see the entrance in this shot it came out pretty dark. This must be Bailey's favorite because there is so much squirrel action going on in these trails. It's hard to keep her from getting tangled in the brush she is so busy going this way and that following the scents. Bailey always spends a lot of time investigating scents at the base of this tree on the right. It provides a wonderful canopy from the sun in the summer and there is a pavilion where I can sit for a minute and she knows we are on the way to the bridge crossing to the east trails. They meander this way and that and I have to be careful keeping an eye on which direction I am going or I am sure we would be lost. There are hundreds of trails back in these woods and I think, although I haven't tried it yet, that there is one that goes all the way through to the west end. That's for another day.










The picture on the left is headed up along the creek east to the bridge and on the right is up at the Boy Scout camp and the Physical Fitness Trail which is about a mile and 1/2 with varying degrees of difficulty. And you know me, I haven't done it, what with my dislike of physical exercise. Which I don't really consider walking one of them.
Thom, you will be nervous about these shots I took driving home along the expressway. I'm just happy they turned out as clear as they did and you know I won't remember what settings I had on the camera. Hard enough taking the photos out the car window going 65 mph let alone writing down camera settings.


Left, Liberty Street heading into town coming out of the Hubbard Municipal cemetery. One of the non-walking outings I took Bailey on with injured foot. She loved it though. Lots of squirrels in there.



This shot I'm calling my 'Fall Monet'. Quite by accident but very pleased with how it turned out. I was just trying to get the color tucked behind the row of trees.

And herself waiting for me to finish whatever it is I'm doing so we can go out exploring. And trying on her hand-me-down coat. A little big right now, but I'm certain she will soon be grown into it.
She wasn't all that pleased at first, but I think she will like it eventually. Once it gets really cold I'm sure. Well, as usual I've run on and on so will close for now. And by the way, September.... 'Happy Birthday' Andy, Jimmy, Penny Sue, and Denny. October ... 'Happy Birthday' Ed, Judy, Doug, Gregg, the twins Dan & Don, and myself. And a Very Happy 25th Anniversary to Gregg and Norma. A wonderful milestone. Right now they have been married half of their lives; a quarter of a century. Congratulations to the Happy Couple.



All for now, love til next time.








1 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Bits Of Me said…

    Bailey's olfactory system - isn't it amazing to watch them work their noses? It really is like a little radar or sonar system. I always want Duncan to tell me what he is picking up and am jealous I cannot sense with him. It looks like they enjoy it so much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home