GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Thursday, May 22, 2008

DONE BEFORE MORE RAIN.....

The pump is up and running but I am not certain that I am happy with it. The 1/2" tubing, called for, shoots out a stream of water and I was hoping for it to look more like a bunch of water rushing out of the spout just as if you were pumping it. Will have to think on this for a while. Meanwhile, I have the sound of running water in my backyard. Such a time I had trying to get the tubing up into the pump itself. I spent probably most of an hour working on it and as usual the outcome was really very simple indeed and took most of 5 minutes. Drilling a hole in the bucket was even more of a challenge. I'm going over to PA this weekend and will check to see how Pat did hers. Maybe get some tips on how to fix the water flow problem also.





I don't know what kind of trees these are, almost like a weeping japanese red maple but I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to do some research on them to find out for sure. I like them. There are 2 of them, 1 in each corner and each is flanked by purple azalea bushes. I may have already posted pics when the azaleas were in bloom.



And then there is the larger red maple that is very dramatic in it's coloring. I'm trying to keep it pruned low so it will stay within the confines of the yard itself. I don't want it to be really tall. You can see it is just above the fence line and I would like to keep it like that for a while.


Nothing exciting happening in this corner of the world. Oh, we did go check out the new pet resort and I am going to test it out this weekend with Bailey. We took a tour and talked to the people that work there and it seems like a pretty decent place. $19.95/night which we both didn't think was too bad. They have a large fenced in area where they take them 3 or 4 times a day and play ball and such with them. I'm sure Bailey will love it. My yard is too small for her to really run in, but she does try. Kicking up wood chips all over the place and running in circles. I don't trust her enough (not to run away) to take her to the park yet and let her run so that will have to wait. And we went over to the Mercer County Library book sale in Sharon yesterday afternoon. I got 9 books and 2 magazines for $5.00. I could have come home with a lot more, and I think the sale is running through Saturday. I got 2 Patricia Cornwall books that I haven't read yet (don't know how that happened) and 1 of Tony Hillerman's that I think I missed. I also found another author that looks pretty interesting and can't remember the rest off-hand. Anyway my reading is taken care of for a while. Expecially in the summer. I don't read that much, but I do like to read and watch TV. If I just watch TV, I tend to fall asleep and spend half the night sleeping on the couch or in my favorite chair. I've already finished the 4 Sarah Graves titles I just ordered from Amazon. They read so fast.

I'm going to close for now. I have to pack for Bailey's trip to the resort and get ready for my trip to PA. We're going to the cemetery to plant flowers and visit. I haven't been there in a while. Til next time, love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home