A LOT MORE TODAY.....
Well, I did it. Meet Baby...
she found me on the Petfinders website last night and the kicker was she was scheduled to be put down today at 1:00. My heart broke when I read that and immediately emailed the Columbiana Dog Shelter although I knew there would be no one there. I got a call at 8 am this morning which by the time I got to the phone had missed, so called back right away and left a message. The great lady (dog warden) called me back minutes later and said that I could save her but could I come down today as they were overloaded. I called Sally right away and asked if she was up for a road trip. Actually it's not that far, about 45 minutes. And of course she thought I lost it and had jumped the gun, but we both fell in love with her immediately. She doesn't really have a name yet but the one girl said she had been calling her Baby and it fits. Angel is the other choice, but Baby is wearing on me already.
She stole my heart at once and is so calm and gentle and laid back. I believe we have already bonded. She just had her hysterectomy 2 days ago, but seems to be very calm. I hope she stays that way. My other concern was, of course, Cujo. I introduced them through the screen door first and Cujo was not happy at all. Baby likes him and just has to learn not to rush at him. They are both laying in here sleeping right now. Not together, of course. But I think things will work out just fine. Cujo is tolerating her and has managed not to injure Baby or me as of yet.
I also made a trip to PA this weekend to get a hair cut and just to visit in general. It was a good trip and Pat and I had a great time. We went shopping of course. I found a terrific old dresser that was right in my price range and since that was one of the few things that didn't make the move well, I bought it. (Picture later) And we stopped at a couple of nurseries, bought some plants and found a weeping cherry for Joyce in memory of Charlie.
I had looked at a couple of different trees and thought maybe I should just ask her what she wanted. The choices narrowed down to a dwarf peach tree or the weeping cherry and she preferred the weeping cherry. I'm glad I thought to call her. Anyway, all in all it was a great trip and it also happened to be her birthday also. Pat and I got a cake for her and JoAnn as she just had a birthday the weekend before. Lots of chocolate, but that was mostly for me, I guess. Anyway managed to make it home before 7 Sunday evening and Sally and Vicky came over to help me unload the dresser. I cleaned it up and it is a really good buy.
Also wanted to let everyone know the progress of my backyard.
The azaleas are in bloom and are really pretty. The violas look terrific (also
photo later) and I mowed today and it is really beginning to look just like spring. Everything is good in my world.
Well I hope everything is right in your world today also and see by the clock on the wall that it's time for me to say aloha for today. I'm doing pretty good with this time thing. But I just can't manage every single day. Love you
she found me on the Petfinders website last night and the kicker was she was scheduled to be put down today at 1:00. My heart broke when I read that and immediately emailed the Columbiana Dog Shelter although I knew there would be no one there. I got a call at 8 am this morning which by the time I got to the phone had missed, so called back right away and left a message. The great lady (dog warden) called me back minutes later and said that I could save her but could I come down today as they were overloaded. I called Sally right away and asked if she was up for a road trip. Actually it's not that far, about 45 minutes. And of course she thought I lost it and had jumped the gun, but we both fell in love with her immediately. She doesn't really have a name yet but the one girl said she had been calling her Baby and it fits. Angel is the other choice, but Baby is wearing on me already.
She stole my heart at once and is so calm and gentle and laid back. I believe we have already bonded. She just had her hysterectomy 2 days ago, but seems to be very calm. I hope she stays that way. My other concern was, of course, Cujo. I introduced them through the screen door first and Cujo was not happy at all. Baby likes him and just has to learn not to rush at him. They are both laying in here sleeping right now. Not together, of course. But I think things will work out just fine. Cujo is tolerating her and has managed not to injure Baby or me as of yet.I also made a trip to PA this weekend to get a hair cut and just to visit in general. It was a good trip and Pat and I had a great time. We went shopping of course. I found a terrific old dresser that was right in my price range and since that was one of the few things that didn't make the move well, I bought it. (Picture later) And we stopped at a couple of nurseries, bought some plants and found a weeping cherry for Joyce in memory of Charlie.
I had looked at a couple of different trees and thought maybe I should just ask her what she wanted. The choices narrowed down to a dwarf peach tree or the weeping cherry and she preferred the weeping cherry. I'm glad I thought to call her. Anyway, all in all it was a great trip and it also happened to be her birthday also. Pat and I got a cake for her and JoAnn as she just had a birthday the weekend before. Lots of chocolate, but that was mostly for me, I guess. Anyway managed to make it home before 7 Sunday evening and Sally and Vicky came over to help me unload the dresser. I cleaned it up and it is a really good buy.Also wanted to let everyone know the progress of my backyard.
The azaleas are in bloom and are really pretty. The violas look terrific (also
photo later) and I mowed today and it is really beginning to look just like spring. Everything is good in my world.Well I hope everything is right in your world today also and see by the clock on the wall that it's time for me to say aloha for today. I'm doing pretty good with this time thing. But I just can't manage every single day. Love you


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home