CINCO DE MAYO
Can you believe it, tomorrow is the 5th of May already. Time be passing. Here's Bailey. Pat came up with the name the other day and I really like it. It suits her. I was downloading these photos off the camera and while my back was turned she managed to get the squeaker and all the stuffing out of her new toy. What is the fasination with these things. Either Thom or I had another owner that did the same thing. I guess I must have just watched Zoe a little closer. She had her toys for a long long time. In fact, she used to have her indoor toys and then her outdoor
toys because the outdoor toys used to get so dirty. So Sally will not believe it. Was certainly short-lived. I think she got it Wednesday after we brought her home. Sally went out and bought her a whole bunch of stuff because she didn't think it was right that she had to have hand-me-downs. She got a new bed, new dishes on a raised frame, this sheep skin bone with the squeaker (so much for that), a couple of tennis balls, a raw hide bone and a bunch of treats, I got a new pooper-scooper made especially for grassy areas. Works good. Yesterday was my first day being gone for an extended period of time. I had to work 6 am til 1:30 and worried all day because I wasn't sure she had done her business before I left. It was rainy and just plain miserable so I left her in the house. I bought her a new collar (neon pink) and leash to match, but wasn't sure she was going to get it. Oh, and by the way I also bought a 12 pack of paper towels (just in case I had a mess to clean up). Nothing. I was so pleased. She got her new collar and leash. I think she likes it. Same thing today. I'm a happy camper to say the least. She and Cujo are best buddies now. Cujo has to put her in her place with a swat to the head every now and then and Bailey sounds like a small pony chasing him through the house. If she quits, he comes back and tantalizes her until she gets going again. It's kind of funny to watch, but I have to put an end to it or I'm sure something will get broken. Not as much space in this house. 
And with a little help from Sally I managed to get the mirror hung yesterday. I am so pleased with myself. I don't think you can hardly notice they are 2 different shades and cuts of wood. I'm not saying you can't tell altogether, but it does look good. I also hung the rosetta towel holder I purchased at the thrift shop. I had to buy a dowel and saw it off to fit and stain it, but all in all I think it's a job well done. The reason being, I don't have much space in the bathroom and when I have guests, they have a place to hang their towels. And of course Cujo had to get in on the picture taking. Besides being just plain nosey. He has to inspect everything that is done. He spent to much time on his own in this house when I first moved and was staying at Sally's. He really think he owns the place and

has to inspect every job done.
It's a really nice day out, but a little chilly. I had to go in at 5 am this morning and I don't like it one bit. They always manage to ask me to come in even though I wasn't scheduled to go in til 7 am. And it's not like they really appreciate it or anything. And I got to leave at 11, so it wasn't that bad although I am feeling like a little nap right now.
Haven't heard from the Perry's in a while. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. I know they are probably pretty busy these days what with Taylor's prom and her graduation coming up the end of this month. There will be a big party at Chuck's house in June for all of her family and friends that live here. They are going to drive the mobile Hilton back again this year. Hopefully they will have time to come over for a day or so. I'd really like them to meet Bailey and see the house.
Duncan gave us quite a scare while Thom was away, but thankfully he is back to his old self and none the less for wear except for being really tired from what I hear. I don't know how David managed to hold it together. Lots of calls back and forth to Thom I imagine. He had to have a transfusion due to a bleeding ulcer and David had to take him to Portland to have it done. I am so thankful he is okay and has weathered the storm.
Well, that nap is really calling to me, so I think I will close for today and will be back later. Love to all


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home