UPDATE ON SPRING
What I have discovered about Spring in Ohio is that, it is very, very, very wet. We have had a whole lot of rain this year. Sally says the grass is greener than she has ever seen it. It may also be attributed to the 1/2 lb. of grass seed I threw out there. But I have to agree, things are greening up a lot. The hosta and the shrubs are taking advantage of all the rain and are growing like weeds. Those too. I have managed to complete quite a list of projects so far and have a lot more to accomplish. This day, Saturday, May 10th, we mowed the yard front and back, pulled weeks, I put a new board in the fence
where it was broken, potted some plants, and swept up really good. All-in-all it was a good afternoons work. The blooms are off my weeping cherry and it will probably not be until next year that it will really look like it is weeping. We trimmed it up pretty good last year because it was so gnarly, but the yard is beginning to take shape. Here is a photo of my new clothes line. The one that Pat and I did a road trip to get down at Lehman's hardware in Kidron. Did I mention
that the Hardware store here in town had them AND they were $5 cheaper. But we had a good trip and managed to make other purchases also. My violas are also taking great advantage of all the rain. The cooler nights did not seem to bother them much, thank goodness. Sally still insists that we will have another frost before it's over. We'll see. The next project on my list is to make a fountain out of my old water pump. I was going to put it out front, but then
I figured, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it out there, so decided to put it in the back yard where I would get enjoyment out of it. Will post when it is complete. I may have time to work on it tomorrow as it is supposed to get up in the 70's again. Then more rain. On another note, specifically Bailey's progress or lack thereof. She managed to chew the insoles out of my earth shoes and took a big chunk out of my gardening clogs, did her business in the basement,
and somehow with the ease of an acrobat managed to leap onto the glass top sofa table I had in front of the living room window. This she accomplished while we (Sally and I) were sitting there watching her. I was appalled, needless to say. I moved the table in order to remove the temptation and open the front door when I am home so she can look out the window there. So much for the puppy stuff. I must say tho that she is still a good dog. We took a walk down to Sally's house (8/10 of a mile) Sunday night and she doesn't need a whole lot of work on the leash, just a little. She only managed to drag me through a couple of puddles, but on the whole it was a good walk. Here's a photo of her with her Aunt Sally. You can see, if you look closely, another one of my projects sitting on the table. It was a cute shelf I found at the Franklin Apple Fest last year and I stripped the paint off and will stain it. It's the brown thing sitting behind Sally's beer on the table. Once I get the deck cleaned off, I'll have to get another picture of it so you can get an idea of how big it is. I am also going to hang curtains that I had on my gazebo as soon as I can figure out the best way to do it. I'm sure it will come to me. OH, and as you can see I did manage to find the chargers for my camera and phone. They were in the cupboard with the pots and pans. That tells you how frequently I cook. Anyway I decided I would stash them in the soup pot because I'm sure I will never forget that they are in there now. Well everyone try to stay dry and have a terrific spring. later and love



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home