HAPPY MAY DAY!!!!
It's May 1st. Can you believe it. Where does the time go. Seems like just yesterday I was busy removing snow and ice from my driveway. I'm not sorry that it's May, just wondering where the time goes. Hope everyone has a great day and the rest of the year for that matter. As promised a couple of photos.
This is a close-up of the carvings (which I believe are hand done) on the dresser. It is in really good shape. The drawers need to be waxed a little so they can slide easier, but other than cleaning, nothing really needs to be done. Oh and by the way the wheels are ceramic. I've seen wood wheels before and I believe my other dresser that didn't manage the move so good had wooden wheels, but I have never seen ceramic wheels. I was a little impressed with that.
Here are my violas. Not a very good photo, but they are so pretty. I love the color combination. Pat and I are of the same mind when it comes to these colors. She also purchased purple and yellow violas. Hopefully she will get them in the ground soon. As you can see the tulips are completely done and I don't know what to do now. Will check the web when I'm done. I don't know if you are supposed to cut them back or let them die out. I will try to find out today. Or if anyone knows for sure, let me know.
And the next are of the little dresser I purchased last weekend. I already had the mirror, but considering the separate purchases,
I was delighted to see that they almost match. The mirror is a couple shades off and the carvings are a little different, but once I get the mirror on the wall, you shouldn't be able to tell at all. I'm quite proud of myself because I was sure or almost sure that they wouldn't work together. As you can see I still have the cleaning stuff sitting on top along with the rag. I guess I figured I wasn't quite done yet and will give it another go.
I was delighted to see that they almost match. The mirror is a couple shades off and the carvings are a little different, but once I get the mirror on the wall, you shouldn't be able to tell at all. I'm quite proud of myself because I was sure or almost sure that they wouldn't work together. As you can see I still have the cleaning stuff sitting on top along with the rag. I guess I figured I wasn't quite done yet and will give it another go.
This is a close-up of the carvings (which I believe are hand done) on the dresser. It is in really good shape. The drawers need to be waxed a little so they can slide easier, but other than cleaning, nothing really needs to be done. Oh and by the way the wheels are ceramic. I've seen wood wheels before and I believe my other dresser that didn't manage the move so good had wooden wheels, but I have never seen ceramic wheels. I was a little impressed with that. This is the carving (which is not hand carved) from the top of the mirror. You can see the difference in the wood grain and color, but like I said. I don't think it will be too noticeable once the mirror is hung. It's a heavy sucker too. It has a wooden back which makes it even heavier. I think I'll have to anchor 2 screws to hold and distribute the weight, which is how I hung it at the old house. I don't want too, but may have to restain the mirror. I hate to redo old furniture though as I read once, that you shouldn't mess with it in order to keep the value.
On the pet front, the night went smoothly, Baby slept all night and no serious encounters yet, but Cujo is still not pleased at the new addition. He hisses frequently and Baby keeps her distance a little better and still wants to be friends, but no incidents of injury or blood letting at this time. Thank you Jesus.... It's very cloudy and overcast today so I'll probably just tinker inside today.
I hope everyone has a great day and looking forward to any new posts I find from the rest of you. David, you haven't been on in a long long time.
Okay love until next time



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home