GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Saturday, October 11, 2008

THE BRIDGES OF ASHTABULA COUNTY

My latest project. The bridges of Ashtabula County of which there are a total of seventeen. We (Sally and I) have managed to visit these 8 and I have decided that I would like to photograph all of them. So far all of them are over water and driveable except the one on Graham Road. Imagine our surprise when we saw it sitting alongside the road. We almost drove right by it. I guess because of conservation and the age of the bridge they decided it would be better to move it rather than try to restore it.

Harpersfield - So far this is the one with the longest span and you can see it is in beautiful shape. We spent a long time at this one because it was so comfortable and they had built a park on the other side of the river with picnic areas and a concession along with a bathroom, that someone had managed to burn down recently. There were quite a few people fishing here and a sign saying you could not catch trout that were under a certain size. So there must be trout in the Ohio Rivers.




Graham Road - This is the one sitting alongside the road with barely room to pull off and park. I'm only thankful that they managed to preserve it.


Hatches Corners Road - Also driveable but very dark and hard to get access in order to photograph. I don't think I would want to swim in any of these waters. Yuk, although we did have a storm shortly before we took off on this adventure.






Benetka Road - This one may be the highest one, although it really doesn't look like it in this photo. You can see some of the storm damage beneath it.







State Road - and the the most decorative. This one was also in very good condition. Not to say that the others aren't, or you probably couldn't drive over them. But I thought it was a very attractive bridge.







Dewey Road (Olin)










Keefus - Creek Road









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home