HOW DID I MISS JULY ALSO?
Well, the month started out with a trip to Hazen the first weekend. It is open all summer but only the 1st weekend of the month. It used to be a very good flea market, but a lot of people are now selling large lot items, andquite a few more crafts. Pat and I managed to obtain some old iron fencing to put in our gardens. And a couple of other things that we couldn't live without. 

The Perry's were still here, which is one of the reasons we went to the flea market. They always try to manage a trip over when they are here for their vacation. And they are always here July 4th for the Shaffer family reunion. Andy took Pat, the boys and me to Freedom falls (to the left). It is hard to get to and seems a lot steeper to climb down to than I remember. But I was a lot younger then. The garden really took off this month also. The tomato plants are like shrubs and are coming on strong.

Not as big as I imagined they would be. Mainly because of the name of the 2 plants I planted. Big Boys. Not so big. But they were good. We also celebrated Sally's birthday. Happy birthday Sally! You can see Bailey was hanging around just in case we dropped anything. Thank you to Thom for the delicious steaks. Or was it the cook, thank you. They were delicious. Pat and Ed drove over and we had a little party in her honor. Although she doesn't like to celebrate birthdays, we
forced her. Personally I think she enjoyed it tremendously. We also took a day trip up to Geneva on the Lake and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Walked on the beach and picked up some driftwood walking sticks and rocks. Had a couple stops along the way. The Amish General Store, very unusual and spent way to much time there. Had lunch at the Firehouse Restaurant and Winery. Bought a couple bottles of wine and took a side trip to see the covered bridge on the way home. The 
longest I ever saw and you can drive over it.

longest I ever saw and you can drive over it.And the highlight of my month was a trip to Maine. Thom's new corner of the world at the end of the world. He kept me so busy seeing all of the sights. Too many to publish right now
but that will be a blog all on it's own. I had a wonderful time and it was so good to see Sir Duncan again. He seems to be doing wonderfully and even managed a couple of jaunts with us. We had an agenda almost every day of the week and evenings too. I needed a vacation from my vacation when I got home. The hosts with the most David, Duncan and Thom. Thank you so much. I'm only going to hit on some of the highlights as I can
remember without my picture dairy. Went to Kingsbrae Gardens and Goolongs chocolate factory in BC Canada, ferried to Lubec for the day and toured the former Herring Smoke and Packing Plants, and then went back for a concert, ferried to Deer Island and connected with another to Campobello one day. Saw the largest
whirlpool ever (Old Sow), went to reversing falls, hiked Shackford Head (Duncan's favorite spot, although he couldn't join us that day), got a
tour of Elizabeth's Garden (wonderful), Spent some time at Clark St. Beach where the old sardine factory used to be located. Thus the old chimney. Made it to the Blue Iris for breakfast a couple of times, a concert at the Art Center, a reception at the Quoddy Times Institute, and believe me the list goes on. I don't know how we managed to fit it all in.
tour of Elizabeth's Garden (wonderful), Spent some time at Clark St. Beach where the old sardine factory used to be located. Thus the old chimney. Made it to the Blue Iris for breakfast a couple of times, a concert at the Art Center, a reception at the Quoddy Times Institute, and believe me the list goes on. I don't know how we managed to fit it all in. And even managed cocktail hour most days. What a wonderful trip I had and am ready to go back for more.
Well I've gone on long enough. It's a gorgeous day and I should be outside doing something. Oh, I got an old weathered bird house in Eastport and put it up yesterday. Bailey has still not given me her approval and barks at it all the time. I have to yell at her a lot. I hope she gives her approval before the neighbors turn me in for noise. Love all until next time.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home