GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Friday, July 04, 2008

JUNE - A MONTH TO CATCH UP ON

Thom came to visit the first of the month. I drove over to PA to spend some time with him and we went up to the cemetery in Oil City and fixed up Grandma Stanley, Aunt Lois and Aunt Mary's grave sites. It turned out pretty good and I can't wait to go and see how it has progressed. He followed me home and spent some time with Sally and me. We went to the Butler Art Museum in Youngstown and had a great time. Then in the afternoon we went to Millcreek Park. The museum is fantastic for being in such a small city and we were all impressed. We were most fascinated by the last exhibit we saw and I still can't get over how 3 dimensional the paintings of everyday things were done.
The park was great except that the gardener's were still getting it ready for summer. We took a lot of pictures and had a great time. I really enjoyed showing Thom some of our sites in Ohio. Now it's his turn. I will be going up to Eastport in the middle of the month for a few days. Can't wait, seeing as how much he loves it, I'm sure I will like it also. I was very happy with the way this photo turned out. It almost looks like a painting. This is from the observation deck at the office/gift store/museum building. I don't remember which lake is in the background. There must be 3 or 4 lakes in the park. Someone donated the entire property and left a trust to keep the park up. It is gorgeous in the fall also.












Sally and I also finished the vegetable garden. I believe we may have had it done when Thom got here, but you should see it now. I will have to get a later photo of it. Everything is growing a lot. Of course, one other thing I've discovered about Ohio is that Summer is also very, very, very wet. We have been having an extraordinarily wet summer.
I know a lot more has happened during the month but will just try to touch on the highlights. Taylor's graduation Party was last weekend and it turned out super. It stayed beautiful all afternoon and didn't rain until late afternoon. We were fine though because Gregg had put up 3 huge awning/tent like apparatus and everyone stayed dry. Except the kids. They still like to play in the rain. There were probably 75 or 80 people there at least. Chuck roasted a whole pig which he had put on the night before and it turned out great. There was so much good food and too much fun getting together with people I haven't seen (literally) in years. Upper photo the proud parents, Norma and Gregg, Gregg's Aunt and Sister and the very happy graduate. It was touch and go for a while. The other photo is a gathering of Norma's aunts and uncles and cousin in red. 3 of the uncles are preachers (watch your language) and I haven't seen any of them in at least 25 years. Mikey (in red) and I used to sneak out of my sister's house to smoke cigarettes in the middle of the night when I was still in high school. That's how long it's been. Last weekend was Ty's 14th B'day as well and we stopped by their house to have cake. They were heading out to vacation at Tionesta Dam camping this week. I sure hope the weather clears up good for them. I'm sure they will have a wonderful time in any case.
Well, that's all the time I have or am willing to spend on this today. Hope everyone had a terrific month also. Until next time, Love All

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home