AFTER THE WALK
We're back from our walk, got some photos and decided to take you with us. When we start I turn left out of the driveway, 2 doors down Zoe checks out the multitude of cats the neighbor uses to drive his mice into others' yards. She likes to see them run when she jumps at them (the cats that is). There must be 10 or 12 and several the same coloring as Cujo which, if I'm right, are described as tuxedo. A couple of them especially like to taunt Zoe and she loves it.
Two more
houses and we arrive at the Iris & Rose Lady's house. I think we exchanged names at one point, but I can't remember. For now I believe I will just refer to her as Rose. 
As we continue on we come to the house on the corner with the "yappers". They continue to yap at Zoe until we turn left and round the corner out of site. I don't think they (like the oleander) quite understand their size. They would be one bite for Zoe but act quite ferocious.
We come to the other corner where they have put quite a lot of wo
rk into their yard, installing a concrete block and wrought iron fence, a fountain in the center and quite a lot of colorful blossoms. I really like the way this yard has turned out after watching with much interest the progress of their toil. I'm glad that most of the people in my neighborhood (which my friend Tim refers to as the barreo) take such pride in their homes. And I don't want to sound bigoted but most of them tend towards landscaping for a living.
Not too much of interest along this block which is really like 3 blocks long, except for Lady and Elvis (dogs), Zoe's pals that live close to the corner with the outrageous yellow house that I really like. Turning left at the yellow house we approach the next corner. By the way there is nothing on these short blocks except for the fences from the corner houses, as these blocks are only 2 houses deep.
Approaching our block you can look out into the distance over the top of the house at the cul-de-sac at the end and view Four Peaks. And as you can see by the clouds, although it is only about 6:30 am, it is a very cloudy, kind of chilly day. You can

hardly see in this photo of the weeping whatever kind of tree it is but it is in bloom with small red flowers all over it.
We now turn left onto Elton The people on this corner just moved in the end of last summer and have done quite a bit to their yard also, which I don't have a picture of but this is the bouganvilla at the corner of the house before the turn.
We are now approaching what I refer to as the Junk Yard house. Their carport is so full of stuff, which I imagine was procurred at various yard sales and trash piles around the neighborhood and the front yard is full of all kinds of flowers, trellises and lawn furniture with no apparent order or function. Here are a couple
of shots of some of their various plantings. I don't know what kind of flowers the yellow and orange ones are but the purple is heather and

smells quite good.
I was going to take a photo of my tree with all the trimmings laying around the bottom but didn't have enough memory in my camera. I guess I'll have to invest in a memory card with a little larger memory one of these days. Maybe before my trip back east for the wedding. Which reminds me I have to search for tickets today also.
Anyway we arrive home where I fix breakfast for the bosses and as you can see have not ventured out to the back yard to begin my task for the day. It's approaching 9 am and I must get busy. Hope you enjoyed our little walk around the neighborhood as much as Zoe and I did. Later, F
Two more
houses and we arrive at the Iris & Rose Lady's house. I think we exchanged names at one point, but I can't remember. For now I believe I will just refer to her as Rose. 
As we continue on we come to the house on the corner with the "yappers". They continue to yap at Zoe until we turn left and round the corner out of site. I don't think they (like the oleander) quite understand their size. They would be one bite for Zoe but act quite ferocious.
We come to the other corner where they have put quite a lot of wo
rk into their yard, installing a concrete block and wrought iron fence, a fountain in the center and quite a lot of colorful blossoms. I really like the way this yard has turned out after watching with much interest the progress of their toil. I'm glad that most of the people in my neighborhood (which my friend Tim refers to as the barreo) take such pride in their homes. And I don't want to sound bigoted but most of them tend towards landscaping for a living.Not too much of interest along this block which is really like 3 blocks long, except for Lady and Elvis (dogs), Zoe's pals that live close to the corner with the outrageous yellow house that I really like. Turning left at the yellow house we approach the next corner. By the way there is nothing on these short blocks except for the fences from the corner houses, as these blocks are only 2 houses deep.

Approaching our block you can look out into the distance over the top of the house at the cul-de-sac at the end and view Four Peaks. And as you can see by the clouds, although it is only about 6:30 am, it is a very cloudy, kind of chilly day. You can

hardly see in this photo of the weeping whatever kind of tree it is but it is in bloom with small red flowers all over it.
We now turn left onto Elton The people on this corner just moved in the end of last summer and have done quite a bit to their yard also, which I don't have a picture of but this is the bouganvilla at the corner of the house before the turn.We are now approaching what I refer to as the Junk Yard house. Their carport is so full of stuff, which I imagine was procurred at various yard sales and trash piles around the neighborhood and the front yard is full of all kinds of flowers, trellises and lawn furniture with no apparent order or function. Here are a couple

of shots of some of their various plantings. I don't know what kind of flowers the yellow and orange ones are but the purple is heather and
smells quite good.
I was going to take a photo of my tree with all the trimmings laying around the bottom but didn't have enough memory in my camera. I guess I'll have to invest in a memory card with a little larger memory one of these days. Maybe before my trip back east for the wedding. Which reminds me I have to search for tickets today also.
Anyway we arrive home where I fix breakfast for the bosses and as you can see have not ventured out to the back yard to begin my task for the day. It's approaching 9 am and I must get busy. Hope you enjoyed our little walk around the neighborhood as much as Zoe and I did. Later, F


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home