GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Monday, February 20, 2006

ANOTHER DAY

One of the girls at work lost her best friend over the weekend and I emailed her the piece below that I received from my vet when I lost my beloved Lucy. It also got me to thinking of all of those that will be waiting for me. Unfortunately I don't have a good photo of Lucy, but those of you who knew her will remember how sweet she was. So this post is dedicated to them. I'll try to put them in order.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of it's many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys lush with green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with that special person who loved them on Earth. So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly looks up! The nose twitches, the ears are up and the eyes are staring. And this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

And they are:

(1) Molly - my little rescued basset/beagle mix, She loved to sun bath but I lost her when she insisted on following the kids across the road.






(2) Chubby - the cat Christine snuck into the house before her dad could see him, but even after professing his hate of cats turned out to love him as much as we did. They had a good time together.

(3) Betsy (pictured with Chubby) - my sweet adopted beagle who unfortunately loved to run which was her demise. She made the long trip to AZ with me.

(4) Beau - He's the one with the shades. Another of my nieces owners. How he would put his whole head in my purse snooping around for treats!!! That's Arrow as a puppy with him.








(5) Arrow - my niece's tan tri-colored collie who was like one of my own,
(6) Lucy - not pictured. How I loved her and hope to post one in the future,
(7) Harley - the sweetest black & white collie you could ever meet. My niece and her family also belonged to him and he was also just like one of my own,




(8) Buster - my little black devil dog who insisted to my niece that she bring him home to me, I didn't belong to him for long, maybe a little over a year before I lost him to a kidney disease usually found only in Dalmations.






(9) Faith - one of a pair of bottle babies that my vet talked me into adopting when I lost Lucy, She managed to keep me for 11 years; and

(10) Hope, Faith's sister - they both fit in the palm of my hand when they adopted me. I had to mix a formula to feed them every day. She was with us 12 years.

They were all so sweet and lovable and I miss them each dearly though I've managed to fill the void with my diva Zoe.

So you can see I will have quite a group waiting for me.

Well that's it for today except for another remembrance of Shirley as I'm not sure which day would have been her birthday and she has been on my mind a lot lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home