I'M BA..A..A..A..CK
As you can see, I couldn't leave it well enough alone. All day I've been playing with this thing called blogger and time has slipped away. It's nearing dusk and I'm telling myself 15 more minutes, 15 more minutes. And it will now be 15 more.
I talked to my sister in OH and they are still having very, very cold weather. I feel for her and think once again about a decision to move back there. It comes and goes. I do miss the closeness of family and imagine I will eventually do this thing called move. We have been having spectacular weather here in the Southwest. One of the reasons I love it so much.
Anyhow, I've changed a few things and will add a couple or so more photos.
Here are a couple of hawks spotted sitting on a saguaro one early spring morning a couple of years ago. I've tried several times to get a picture this good, but it never happened until this one came up on me quite by accident. Isn't it funny how most of the things (good and bad) that happen in our lives are quite by accident. I don't know if they mate for life like eagles but I certainly hope so. It's a good thought. I imagine these two living out their lives quite nicely out there in the desert near Canyon Lake.
If you look closely, it appears that this one might be sitting on a couple of eggs. I really didn't notice when photo was taken, but after studying it awhile it sure looks like it to me. She seems to be posturing quite menacingly at us to leave her alone. Possible the reason I didn't notice the nest. I was excited and still quite nervous about finding this shot. And I imagine she could do some damage with those claws and that sharp beak. Needless to say we didn't bother her for long.
Gilla Monster, stumbled on by accident while hiking with my friend Brenda. Scared the bejezus out of both of us, but we recovered our composure long enough to snap a photo before he/she (probably a she as there's none of the striking pink coloring seen on males) scrambled back into the cactus. This was the first and only one I've ever spotted, though Brenda came across one on her back patio when she lived up near the base of South Mountain.

Another outing with Brenda..... we were driving the Tonto Trail, out towards Tortilla Flats and came across this group of Jack Rabbits running down the road. We jumped out of the car so fast I thought Brenda was going to fall right into a bunch of cactus along the side of the road. These guys can be seen scampering all over up in the Papago Buttes in town.
Well my 15....15.....15 minutes is up and I really am going to limit myself to posting on this site. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. If nothing else it takes me back to some good times and happy days of adventure. We can all use that.
I promise no more until maybe tomorrow.
I talked to my sister in OH and they are still having very, very cold weather. I feel for her and think once again about a decision to move back there. It comes and goes. I do miss the closeness of family and imagine I will eventually do this thing called move. We have been having spectacular weather here in the Southwest. One of the reasons I love it so much.
Anyhow, I've changed a few things and will add a couple or so more photos.
Here are a couple of hawks spotted sitting on a saguaro one early spring morning a couple of years ago. I've tried several times to get a picture this good, but it never happened until this one came up on me quite by accident. Isn't it funny how most of the things (good and bad) that happen in our lives are quite by accident. I don't know if they mate for life like eagles but I certainly hope so. It's a good thought. I imagine these two living out their lives quite nicely out there in the desert near Canyon Lake.
If you look closely, it appears that this one might be sitting on a couple of eggs. I really didn't notice when photo was taken, but after studying it awhile it sure looks like it to me. She seems to be posturing quite menacingly at us to leave her alone. Possible the reason I didn't notice the nest. I was excited and still quite nervous about finding this shot. And I imagine she could do some damage with those claws and that sharp beak. Needless to say we didn't bother her for long.
Gilla Monster, stumbled on by accident while hiking with my friend Brenda. Scared the bejezus out of both of us, but we recovered our composure long enough to snap a photo before he/she (probably a she as there's none of the striking pink coloring seen on males) scrambled back into the cactus. This was the first and only one I've ever spotted, though Brenda came across one on her back patio when she lived up near the base of South Mountain.
Another outing with Brenda..... we were driving the Tonto Trail, out towards Tortilla Flats and came across this group of Jack Rabbits running down the road. We jumped out of the car so fast I thought Brenda was going to fall right into a bunch of cactus along the side of the road. These guys can be seen scampering all over up in the Papago Buttes in town.
Well my 15....15.....15 minutes is up and I really am going to limit myself to posting on this site. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. If nothing else it takes me back to some good times and happy days of adventure. We can all use that.
I promise no more until maybe tomorrow.


1 Comments:
At 12:24 AM,
Bits Of Me said…
What a fantastic job you are doing. You make me ashamed that I have not kept up as well on my blog.
Post a Comment
<< Home