GraniFrani

A LITTLE SELF INDULGENCE TO SOOTH MY EGO

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Another Beautiful Spring Day!!

What a great day. I think it was in the 70's today and will be 51 tonight. I'm leaving the plants outside. I got home from work today and called Thom, read my email and programmed some numbers into me portable home phone. I was sitting here with the window open, listening to the birds and thought, "I should be outside doing something", so I went out and mowed the back yard. I had to throw some more grass seed down Sunday, but it hasn't germinated yet. I hope I didn't destroy it by mowing.
Next week, I'm going to bring a couple of boxes in and unpack them. It's almost like getting new stuff, it's been so long. I looked through a couple that I had put in the gardening shed and almost forgot I had some of the stuff. I'm stymied at this point about how I'm going to hang my patio curtains. I really like them, but don't know how to hang them. I used wire in AZ when I had them hanging on the gazebo, but I don't think it will work here. Have looked into those ceiling tracks like they use in hospitals, but figured out it would cost me a small fortune, so decided maybe (my all-time favorite) pvc pipe might work. I checked out the prices at the local hardware store and it would be almost nothing, but THEN I forgot all about the screening, which I'm sure I will require here. That threw a monkey wrench (I wonder where that saying came from) into the whole works. I may have to hang a double set of pipe in order to use the pvc pipe and then how would I suspend it. What a dilema. I'll let you know what I come up with.
It was nice talking to Thom and finding out that his arm wasn't as bad as originally thought and had to laugh to find out he broke both arms. Can you believe it. I agree with his friend Cheri, he will have to have spikes in the winter and non-skid shoes or a cane (or walker) in the summer. It's hell to get old. I decided that most of the time accidents happen because we are thinking about something else, not what we are doing in the moment. Be careful Thom and start thinking about what you are doing. Don't get in a hurry.
Well I don't have any current photos today and I'm afraid if I don't find my adapters, I may not have any for a while. Another downside to growing old. I know I thought when I put them away after my trip to AZ, that they would be easy to find. HA..... no way. I've been looking for 2 weeks now. My cell phone is dead and the camera is well on it's way. And I know if I purchase new ones the old ones will turn up right away. Will keep looking. Anyway, because I don't have any current photos, am publishing an old one I found of Thom and Taylor when she was about 5. She'll be graduating from High School next month. That's our precious Arrow in the photo with them. We lost him around 1998. He could catch a frisbee like no other people owner, I ever met. And he would jump six feet in the air to do it. What a great guy he was. And never got tired of chasing frisbees.
Well I hope everyone continues having a terrific spring and until next time... love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home