TAX DAY (For those who may have forgotten)
Here are the viola's I bought at Pellini's Sunday. Aren't they gorgeous. I can't wait to put them in the ground, but after the other aunts warnings am a little hesitant thinking I may be jumping the gun. Anyway I sat them at the edge of the back deck so they could get some sun today and they seemed to enjoy it . I do believe it is spring again in Ohio. It was a delightful day and Sally and I ran a whole lot of errands. We finally discovered where the "Angels for Animals" thriftshop is and spent some time in there this afternoon.
Sally bought me this beautiful bowl for my birthday which is months and months away, but she can't hold anything back for that long and let me have it today. Isn't it a find. I found an old glass ashtray which she also purchased for me. But I managed to spend some money also.
I don't know if you can see them very well, I tried to photograph them on a dark background but it may have been too shiny. These are little cast iron rosettes that hold a towel bar. I thought they were so cute. I also purchased an iron plate holder and a spooner, which I didn't photograph. We had a great time and it was one of the cleanest well set up thrift shops I've ever visited. The ladies volunteering were nice and they had great old music playing on the radio which caused quite a discussion. One of the ladies was certain that Ray Charles was singing the song that was currently playing and I thought it sounded more like Frank Sinatra or possibly even Tony Martin. Needless to say everyone in the shop was gathering round to mention who they thought it was and for a moment I thought this nice little lady was going to turn hostile on us. Everything turned out fine and all was pleasant by the time we left with our new found treasures in hand. Didn't I say at one time I was going to start getting rid of my "stuff"? I guess old habits are hard to break. The other thrift shop we both like is the Salvation Army where I can contain myself a little better, only even thinking about something if it will fit into my new, scaled down, life style. And the last weekend of the month is always 50% off . Such a deal, eh?
This is the ceramic doghouse I got for Zoe's final resting place. Well one of them anyway. We had a Griffin led burial service when I was back in AZ, burying some of her ashes along side of the other beloved pets we've lost in the past. Amongst Harley, Arrow, Ace, Buttercup, and Curly (the humungous gold fish). Everyone in the family attended including Logan and Petey and we all had nice things to remember and say over the grave. Griffin is such a sweet kid. I hope he stays that way forever. The only mis-adventure (there has to be at least one) was when he and I cut the bubbler line while digging the hole. Gregg patched it up in no time though and no harm was done. The rest of her ashes are in an airtight jar inside this doghouse at my house. Everyone loved her, she was such a kind, sweet, gentle soul.Well I don't want to mess up my wonderful day and get gloomy so will call it a day. Besides I've overstayed my alotted time. Love to all and have a great, great spring.
One more thing. I was so upset to hear from Thom that the doctor did not do a good job on his broken arm. He had it xrayed not long ago and finally called his family practitioner only to find out that the break is worse than it was when it happened. I hope all goes well and he gets it fixed right this time. He has been in quite a bit of pain and was waiting for David to get back with the pain medication when I was talking to him. Okay, more tomorrow, love


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home